Translate

Saturday, October 19, 2013

My recipe: Simple Peppery Gingery Oat Porridge

Suddenly I have this idea of cooking healthy meals or recipes when I have this craving to "cook to de-stress". Plus I don't want to take too much time in the kitchen when I have important assignments or exams due. Opening my pantry, I suddenly realised I have a medium size Milo can of oatmeal ... remain untouched since a month ago.  I remember a good friend in uni who was totally crazy over chicken oat porridge. I usually have my oat mixed with milk but I was advised to go on a non-dairy diet recently so making porridge out of oatmeal seemed like a great idea. Plus it is super easy!

Ingredients (1 person serving)

3 cups of water
2 inch of ginger (pound or slice thinly)
1 spring onion (finely chopped)
a handful of minced chicken or pork (round into meatballs)
5 tablespoon of instant oatmeal
salt and white pepper to taste

Method:

1. Heat the water in a pot and bring it to boil.



2. Reduce the heat to low and then put in the ginger, spring onion and the meat ball. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add in oatmeal and stir slowly. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
4. Add salt and lots of pepper to taste.
5. Serve.



Note:
You may substitute with chicken stock if you want something more savoury. You may also add in a few drop of sesame oil to fragrant it.


I would like to tribute this entry to Che Sue Ella for inspiring this recipe. Selamat mencuba!

Love from Down Under,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment