Translate

Friday, October 4, 2013

Product Testing: McCain Healthy Choice Lemon Chicken

I only have about 16 months here in Australia so I decided to try out as many products as possible before returning to Malaysia. So this type of entry will not only be a journal but also documentation of what products I tried here. In general, I am quite satisfied with Australian food products especially their dairy products. Even some supermarket brands or home brands (I think that's how they call it) are quite good compared to Malaysia (I think many people can relate to this).

Today, I will start my product review with McCain Healthy Choice Lemon Chicken with Asian vegetables and rice.



1. What made me buy this product?

I am all alone this week so I was looking for something fast, wholesome, yummy, no frill ready-made meal for one. I was interested for something Asian and rice based so this product just fits my need nicely. The "eating healthy" and "25% discount" (sold $4.00 at Coles) were additional motivations to buy and try this product.

2. How do I like this product?

The product was easy to prepare, took me about 6 minutes to reheat in my microwave oven. The portion is medium ... just nice for Asian palate like me. Taste-wise, the lemon sauce was slightly sweet but nicely done and the rice was neither too dry nor soft. However, eating the rice and vegetable alone ... yes ... it taste very bland and "healthy". I prefer enjoying the fried chicken nugget with the lemon sauce separately as I think the lemon sauce was not savoury enough and didn't go well with the rice.


3. Will I buy it again?

Maybe but not in near future. It doesn't scream "buy me, buy me" to me. I might try other products from the same brand or same product from other brands

4. Where did I get this product?

I bought mine at Coles.

Rating : 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment