Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Recipe Testing: Tuna Mushroom Bread Base Quiche

I was planning to share about my new misadventure in the kitchen today .... but in between getting my personal financial planning done to reading old entries in "another" blog, followed by checking up on Lee Young Ae on Mr Google ... (on why she seems to have that "caucasian" features) ... I ended up with Girl's Generation new MV Galaxy Supernova and shared it in the previous entry.

Yesterday had been semi productive - academically - but it was a way positive progress compared to last week. I would like to personally thank the Almighty God, His Son, the Holy Spirit and all archangels and angels that had been listening to my wish of having little happiness (like small achievements/wonderful surprises). I truly had a great day indeed.


Okay ... we have stale bread issue in the house again. With a higher cost of living in Australia, I find myself getting more frugal and creative with leftovers.  So I searched for stale bread recipes online (other than French Toast) and found a site that recommend making bread quiche out of it. By the way, just for the record ... I successfully made apple marmalade bread and butter pudding using my housemate's stale loaf of bread 3 weeks ago. However, the photos were not that cool so I will attempt to make it again some other time.

I shortlisted 2 recipes here and here. After meticulously devising some modifications, adding this and minus that based on what I could find in the pantry, I finally came out with my own bread quiche recipe hehehe... Not bad for a first timer (never done quiche before).

Ingredient A
200 grams of fresh button mushroom
150 grams of Philadephia Onion and Chive Cream Cheese
1 onion (chopped)
3 tablespoons of butter

Ingredient B
9 medium size eggs
1 can of evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste

8 slices of stale bread (slightly toasted)
2 tablespoon of dried parsley
1 can/185 gram of tuna chunks in sunflower oil

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 180'C (or 160'C with fan)
 2. Line the baking tray with butter and arrange the bread until it covers the whole tray.


3. Sauteed button mushroom in Ingredient A with onion and butter. Then add in cream cheese. Put aside to cool off.

4. Combine Ingredient B and whisk until fluffy.


5. Pour in Ingredient A onto the bread and spread evenly, then spread tuna chunk on top of the mushroom mix.




6. Pour in Ingredient B and then sprinkle the parsley leave.

7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

The bread quiche came out beautifully, and it tasted a bit like Malaysian Murtabak. Speaking about comfort food, miss Murtabak Sardine back home! Great for tea times and showing off that entertaining skills hahaha
 



  

The photos have different qualities as some I took with my digital camera and some I took with my Iphone. Okay I leave it to you guys to try it out!


Love From Down Under,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment